Approximately an hour and a half from Phoenix and Tucson, Arizona, Globe has a variety of activities to enjoy. Heritage Health Care Center is close to the heart of the city. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Tonto National Forest, partially surrounding Globe, offers a variety of locations for outdoor activities, including Pinal Peak.
- The Roosevelt Lake Marina, on Roosevelt Lake, provides access to a variety of water-based activities as well as camping around the shore of the lake.
- The Besh Ba Gowah Archeological Park displays the ancient Salado civilization and includes pottery, a botanical garden and a museum.
- The Cobre Valley Center for the Arts, located in the Gila County Courthouse, includes a gallery and theater that feature local artistic talent.
- Visitors to the San Carlos Apache Reservation can purchase homemade Apache baskets and enjoy a variety of cultural activities, including a cultural center, outdoor activities and an open market.